Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 0


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 0


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


A tremendous rearguard action saw the Poppies gain a point at fourth placed Kidderminster Harriers today. In a game of no goals, Kettering keeper, and man of the match, Jackson Smith had an outstanding game instilling confidence in the team in front of him. Home keeper, Luke Simpson, did not have a direct save to make.


Jack Smith was recalled into the line up and Callum Stead started as a lone front man in a changed formation. Dropping out were Chris Smith and Ty Deacon who reverted to the bench along with the returning Saul Milovanovic. Liam Daly was still absent.

The teams lined up:


1    Luke Simpson

2    Alex Penny

3    Caleb Richards

7    Sam Austin (Captain)

8    Mark Carrington

10  Ashley Hemmings

11  Omari Sterling

12  Joe Foulkes (5 Keith Lowe,90+4)

15  Keziah Martin

16  Geraldo Bajrami

17  Ethan Freemantle (29 Matty Stenson,57)

Unused substitutes:

4    Nathan Cameron

6    Lewis Montrose

19  Jayden White

Yellow Card: Sterling,89



1  Jackson Smith

2  Connor Barrett 

3  Alex Brown 

4  Jack Smith (23 Chris Smith,78)

5  Connor Johnson

6  George  Cooper 

7  Callum Stead (17 Decarrey Sheriff,73) 

8  Connor Kennedy (Captain)

9  Gary Stohrer    

10 Jordan Crawford (19 Ty Deacon,73) 

11 Rhys Sharpe

Unused Substitutes:

13  Rhys Davies

16  Saul Milovanovic

Yellow cards: Jack Smith,78: Kennedy,84;Barrett,89



The pitch was heavily watered before the game which was played in pleasant spring sunshine in front of a good crowd and excellent travelling support.

Kettering started with a changed formation, leaving Callum Stead as the lone striker.

An early scare for the Poppies, after just three minutes, saw home skipper, Sam Austin, benefit from poor defending, but his lob was easily held by Jackson Smith. Then ex Poppy, Omari Sterling planted a free kick into the Kettering penalty area which was well cleared.

Both teams were getting the ball down and playing football, which was good to watch, albeit goal chances were not frequent.  Sterling’s driven cross on 14 minutes was beaten away by Jackson Smith and a few minutes later the same player’s cross from the right found Ashley Hemmings in space and, from a great chance, with an unchallenged header, the effort drifted wide.

It was 21 minutes before Kettering had their first long throw into the home six yard box and Rhys Sharpe’s missile was headed out by Geraldo Bajrami. The Harriers retaliated with a corner- cleared by the visiting defence and a direct 20 yard free kick which cannoned off the defensive wall.

Next it was Austin’s cross from the right which was misjudged by Connor Barrett but Hemmings’ header was easy for Jackson Smith. The keeper was in action again,on 29 minutes, as he dived to punch away an Ethan Freemantle cross from the right.

Kettering got into the Kidderminster half again and, on 30 minutes, Callum Stead lifted a cross from the left but there were no Kettering players to connect to the ball. Jackson Smith soon saw the ball again as he confidently took a cross from Hemmings.

Kettering’s second Sharpe long throw into the six yard box saw the Harriers clear easily and from the quick break, Sterling flashed a left foot shot wide of the right post. Another Kettering attacking position, a corner on 43 minutes, was again cleared for a swift breakaway from Kidderminster, and this time Hemmings’ 30 yard shot was wide. 

Half Time:

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS      0        -      0             KETTERING TOWN

Whilst there were no personnel changes at half time, Kettering’s formation changed with Gary Stohrer dropping into central defence.

At the start of the half there were two quick breaks. The first, for the Poppies, saw the corner they earned easily cleared, and from the break, yet again, Rhys Sharpe did very well to stop the attack at the expense of a corner. From this restart, Alex Penny’s firm header at the back post rattled the crossbar.

Kettering responded on 54 minutes as Jordon Crawford won a corner and, from the kick, Connor Kennedy saw his header cleared off the line with Luke Simpson beaten.

The Harriers began a spell of domination on the hour and a mistake from Jack Smith saw Austin have a shot which was very well blocked. Under pressure, Jackson Smith took a deep cross from Caleb Richards, and on 68 minutes the keeper made an excellent save from home substitute, Matty Stenson, who was clear on goal.

Stenson then won a corner, again showing good pace, and Jackson Smith collected at the second attempt. Another Stenson half chance, on 78 minutes, this time was easier for Smith to save.

Stenson then had a chance from Hemmings’ free kick but he just could not make any contact with the ball.

The game was now a bit more end to end as Kettering made all their three substitutions with Ty Deacon and Decarrey Sheriff replacing Stead and Crawford and then Chris Smith replacing Jack Smith.

The game was destined for a stalemate albeit, in the final minutes, Connor Johnson made a great saving header and finally Ty Deacon glanced a Barrett cross wide of the target.

Full Time:

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS       0        -      0             KETTERING TOWN

Match Officials: Referee: Dean Watson; Assistants: Richard Cutts, Brandon Scaife

Attendance: 2409  (Poppies fans 188)

Poppies Media Man of the Match: Jackson Smith

Remaining season HOME league games:

Saturday April 23rd: Gateshead at 3pm

Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd: Alfreton at 3pm

Remaining season away league games:

Saturday April 30th at AFC Fylde at 3pm

Saturday May 7th at Curzon Ashton at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.

Team Sheet

Location: Away (AGGBOROUGH)
Kick Off: 18th Apr 2022
Kettering Town FC