Match Report - HEREFORD

Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 0


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Owen Evans 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 0


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Owen Evans 45
Jay Gordon 45

Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


The Poppies were well beaten tonight at Hereford, who are currently enjoying a great run of results in the league. The 3-0 scoreline could have been more, but goals from Tom Owen-Evans in the 26th and 47th minutes and Jaanai Gordon on 52 minutes were enough to secure the win.


There were five changes in the starting line up due to suspensions, injury and tactics. Out of the starting eleven were Connor Barrett,Connor Johnson,Harrison Neal,Lamine Sherif and Isaac Stones. In came Alex Brown, Gary Stohrer, Luke Ward, Gerry McDonagh and Jordon Crawford. Barrett and Stones were on the substitutes bench

The teams lined up:


1   Brandon Hall

2   Jared Hodgkiss

4   Luke Haines

5   Krystian Pearce

7   Ryan McLean (9 Zeli Ismael,74)

10 Tom Owen-Evans

12 Levi Andoh

14 Ryan Lloyd

19 Maziar Kouhyar

21 Dan Smith (18 Yan Klukowski,83

23 Jaanai Gordon (32 Owen Bennett,76)

Unused substitutes:

17 James Vincent

33 Victor Sodiende

Yellow Cards:None



1  Rhys Davies

2  Luke O’Neill

3  Alex Brown

4  Gary Stohrer 

5  Luke Ward 

6  Chris Smith 

7  Callum Powell (16 Claudio Ofosu,63) 

8  Connor Kennedy (Captain) 

9  Gerry McDonagh (14 Isaac Stones,68)

10 Jordon Crawford 

11 Rhys Sharpe (24 Kyle Perry,74) 

Unused Substitutes:

12 Connor Barrett

15 George Cooper

Yellow card: Ward,26


On a mild evening and on a good surface, Kettering had the benefit of what breeze there was in the first half, and they made a bright start to the game. Early long throws and corners from Rhys Sharpe produced one heading chance on goal from skipper, Connor Kennedy but the effort went wide.

There was a lot of effort by both sides, not really amounting to much until the 12th minute when Kettering’s on loan striker,Gerry McDonagh, saw a header deflected for a corner and then a shot deflected wide for another fruitless corner.

Alex Brown and Rhys Sharpe were working the left side and they combined on 16 minutes with Sharpe going over in the penalty area as he ran through, but there was no offence seen by the Referee. Hereford’s first real chance 17 minutes in saw Jaanai Gordon’s somewhat speculative effort drift wide.

Kettering threatened again three minutes later as Brown’s dangerous cross from the left was headed behind for a corner and following the clearance from this restart, Callum Powell fired wide.  Hereford did get forward and got the ball in the net on 22 minutes through Dan Smith - but he was well offside.

Hereford took the lead, somewhat against the run of play on 26 minutes. Luke Ward was cautioned on the touchline on Kettering’s right for an unnecessary challenge. Tom Owen-Evans low free kick appeared to by-pass any defensive wall and skimmed off the surface to beat Rhys Davies at the near post.

The Poppies tried to respond and Brown’s cross from the left was headed over the bar. Then Crawford made a quick break only to see his cross scrambled away.

As the game approached half time, Connor Kennedy conceded a free kick 28 yards out,centrally, and Owen-Evans’ free kick this time was deflected wide by the defensive wall. For Kettering, Sharpe’s cross from the left was well defended.

Half Time:

HEREFORD        1          -       0               KETTERING TOWN

The Poppies were rocked by the Bulls at the start of the second half as two quick-fire goals put the game seemingly out of reach for the visitors. On 47 minutes, a swift move on the left saw Luke O’Neill out of position and the ball was played back and then across goal for Gordon to fire in. There was a question of offside- but the goal stood. Just four minutes later it was 3-0 as Owen-Evans rammed the ball high into the net as he went through the middle unchallenged.

In between these goals a poor back pass from Gary Stohrer saw Gordon with a real chance of scoring but Davies made a great stop. Then on 58 minutes Alex Brown somehow saved another goal as he took a pile-driver on the head to clear off the line. 

Davies saved well from Jared Hodgkiss as the Bulls charge threatened to run riot and the Poppies wilted. Davies then got in position to save a Ryan McLean shot.

In a rare Kettering breakaway, the lively Jordon Crawford had a good chance going through on the right and home keeper, Brandon Hall, was out to the edge of his area to make the save.  

Both teams made three substitutions with Kettering bringing on Claudio Ofosu, Isaac Stones and Kyle Perry for Callum Powell, Gerry McDonagh and Rhys Sharpe. On 76 minutes yet another cross from Alex Brown saw Connor Kennedy head wide. Hereford’s response saw Owen-Evans shoot into the side netting from a low cross.

As the game came to a conclusion, Davies saved twice from Luke Haines and substitute Yan Klukowski and finally home keeper, Hall, saved Luke O’Neill’s free kick.

Full Time:

HEREFORD          3          -         0            KETTERING TOWN


Match Officials: Referee: Savvas Yianni  Assistants: Jack Clench; Thomas Staten

Attendance: 1492     (Poppies fans estimated at 20)

Poppies Media Man of the Match: Jordon Crawford


Next HOME game:

Saturday December 4th  HOME to Boston United at 3pm

Other December games:

Saturday 11th away at AFC Telford United at 3pm

Tuesday 14th away at Leamington at 7.45pm

Tuesday 21st HOME to Southport at 7.45pm

Sunday  26th ( Boxing Day) away at Brackley at 3pm

Tuesday 28th (Bank Holiday) HOME to Kidderminster Harriers at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.

Team Sheet

Location: Away (AWAY)
Kick Off: 30th Nov 2021
Kettering Town FC
0 Owen Evans
0 Owen Evans
0 Jay Gordon