Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 0


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 2


Luke Graham 45
Connor Kennedy 45

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


The Poppies achieved their best result of the season to date with a 2-0 win at Kidderminster Harriers, who sat in second place in the table at the start of the game.

Second half goals from Luke Graham (above) on 57 minutes and Connor Kennedy 13 minutes later sealed a deserved win in a great team performance. 



The only change to the starting lineup saw Ben Milnes start and Decarrey Sheriff reverting to the substitutes bench. Josh Scott returned to the squad in place of Ben Acquaye amongst the substitutes.

The teams lined up:


1   Luke Simpson

3   Caleb Richards 

4   Luke Maxwell (16 Alex Prosser,76)

5   Keith Lowe

6   Lewis Montrose (Captain) (8 Jim Kellermann,70)

7   Sam Austin

9   Amari Morgan-Smith

10 Ashley Hemmings

14 Max Taylor (11 Omari Sterling,61)

18 Kobi Arthur

20 Cliff Moyo


Unused substitutes:

13 Tom Palmer

19 Jaiden White

Yellow Cards: Maxwell,74; Kellermann,79;Sterling,90+2



1   Adam Collin

2   Gary Stohrer

3   Michael McGrath

4   Ben Milnes

5   Ryan Fryatt 

6   Luke Graham (Captain)  

7   Callum Powell 

8   Connor Kennedy

9   Kyle Perry 

10 Michael Richens

11 Rhys Sharpe (15 Josh Scott,88)   

Unused Substitutes:

12 Ben Stephens

14 Decarrey Sheriff

16 Jay Williams

17 Ashanti Price

Yellow cards: McGrath,25; Kennedy,37 



The surface was a good one at Aggborough tonight. 

Kettering started well with a couple of long throws into the penalty area by Rhys Sharpe and from the second Michael Richens’ overhead kick cleared the crossbar. The Harriers were looking to get on the front foot but were thwarted by the Assistant flagging for offside in their first three attacks.

Sharpe, playing on the left side in midfield was finding some space on the left and his 14th minute corner was cleared at the second attempt. Kettering’s shape was good and the Harriers were finding it tough to break down. Sam Austin did have a chance on 19 minutes but the shot was blocked and the follow up effort drifted past the post.

Kyle Perry was generally in the action as target man and his 20th minute cross was deflected into keeper Luke Simpson’s hands. A couple of minutes later Perry’s left foot shot was blocked after a free kick was deflected to him. Another Sharpe long throw went out for what proved to be an unproductive corner. With a quarter of the game gone there was little to choose between the teams.

The Poppies persisted with long throws into the area, mainly from Sharpe on the left and on 27 minutes one such throw looped up to make Simpson collect from under his crossbar. A minute later Kidderminster got forward and a decent move finished with Amari Morgan-Smith having his shot blocked out by solid defending.

The Harriers began to play some decent football, knocking the ball around but were not putting too much threat on Adam Collin’s goal at this stage. In fact it was Kettering who had the next chance but Michael Richens’ shot flew into the car park.

Kidderminster gradually took hold of the game and began to create space that they had been unable to previously. The architects in this were Sam Austin and Ashley Hemmings and on 37 minutes Hemmings hooked a shot over the bar after a cross from the left. Another cross – this time from the right – found Caleb Richards in space at the back post but his header was weak and wide.

Callum Powell had been doing his job in midfield on the right side, but on 43 minutes he was on the left after a set piece and, cutting inside, his shot was deflected for an easy pick up for Simpson. The final action of the half saw Powell go down in or near the penalty area, but the Referee waived away cries for a foul.

Half Time:

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS      0        -       0          KETTERING TOWN

There were no changes for either team at the start of the second period.

An early cross for Kettering saw home keeper, Simpson, collect the ball under pressure from Ben Milnes. Four minutes into the half Kettering’s Sharpe went down under a hefty and suspect late challenge and he required on field treatment – with the Referee deciding there was no foul committed.

The Poppies were in no way second best at this stage and a chance for Milnes on 51 minutes saw a weak shot drift wide. Connor Kennedy was given the job of launching the long throws from the right and his 54th minute effort saw chaos in the box which was relieved for the Harriers by a free kick.

As the game became end to end, Hemmings left foot effort drifted wide, and for Kettering, Powell’s low cross was hacked clear. 

The Poppies scored on 57 minutes. Kennedy’s long throw from the right was headed across goal and collected on the left by Kyle Perry. His cross was good and found Luke Graham (below) at the back post and the Kettering skipper fired in low past Simpson. Kettering followed this up three minutes later with a fine effort from Kennedy, which was just over the bar. 

The Harriers had to attack and they took the game to Kettering over the next 10 minutes. On 64 minutes Kettering survived – just - as Michael McGrath hooked a shot off the line and Adam Collin made a great stop from the follow up. It was the closest the home side had come to scoring. Kidderminster then forced three successive corners and Collin calmed the visitors’ nerves with an assured catch at the third set piece.

Kettering broke on 70 minutes to score a second. The ball was played forward and headed on skillfully by Perry into the path of Kennedy down the right and the midfielder was clear of the defence. He ran on down the right and his low, right foot shot beat Simpson and went in at the far post.

The last twenty minutes and what was to be another 6 minutes of added time was going to see some frantic attacking by the home side and resilient defending by the visitors, who were by no means overwhelmed and who remained disciplined in their shape.

McGrath put a good 74th minute cross in from a free kick which was scrambled clear under pressure and his 78thminute corner was headed over the bar by Ryan Fryatt.

The Harriers were having to throw men forward and used all three substitutes in an effort to rescue the game. Ex Kettering loanee, Omari James came on and his first effort on goal saw him hit a low shot wide from a good position.

There was a penalty shout for Kidderminster on 88 minutes as Kettering looked to see the game out. A shot hit Ryan Fryatt, somewhere, to shouts for handball- but the Referee was having none of it. A home corner followed and Michael Richens headed well clear.

In added time the only goal attempt from either side saw Kidderminster’s Cliff Moyo fire wildly high and wide. Kettering had done enough to earn their first away win of the season.

Full Time:


KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS     0       -        2        KETTERING TOWN   

Attendance: 0

Referee: Simeon Lucas; Assistants: James Cox and Harry Warner

Poppies man of the Match: The whole team –a great all-round effort

Our next game is a home game against Blyth Spartans on Saturday 5th December at 3pm.

Report by SadmanKTFC

Team Sheet

Location: Away (AGGBOROUGH)
Kick Off: 01st Dec 2020
Kettering Town FC
0 Luke Graham
0 Connor Kennedy