Half Time:

Kettering Town FC: 1


Connor Kennedy 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Spencer 00

Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Full Time:

Kettering Town FC: 1


Yellow Cards

Red Cards




Yellow Cards

Red Cards


Match Report


The Poppies gained a creditable draw today at in-form Farsley Celtic to maintain the chance of a play-off place. On a difficult day for football, with a strong breeze and a couple of hail storms, they took the lead after 24 minutes through skipper, Connor Kennedy (out of photo above). Farsley equalised on 39 minutes through Jimmy Spencer. On balance Kettering created the better chances and were thwarted by home keeper David Robson who saved very well from Jordon Crawford, George Cooper and twice from Callum Stead. The Celts did hit the bar in the first half through Spencer and Jackson Smith’s only save of the match, also in the first half, saw him palm Luke Parkin’s shot over the bar.


With Rhys Sharpe still not fit, there was no change in the team or the squad after Tuesday’s win against York.

The teams lined up:


13    David Robson

16    Kennedy Digie

14    Lewis Butroid

8      Chris Atkinson (Captain)

6      Adam Clayton (15 Jacob Gratton,30)

30    Jean Belehouan

4      Lewis Turner

9     Jimmy Spencer

3     Will Hayhurst

29   Frank Mulhern

11   Luke Parkin

Unused substitutes:

1    Kyle Trennery

29  Mwiya Malumo

25  Sam Drake

10  Jerome Greaves

Yellow Cards: Hathurst,77;Spencer, 90+1


1  Jackson Smith

2  Connor Barrett 

3  Alex Brown 

4  Jack Smith 

5  Connor Johnson

6  George Smith 

7  Callum Stead (17 Decarrey Sheriff,63)

8  Connor Kennedy (Captain)

9  Gary Stohrer    

10 Jordan Crawford (19 Ty Deacon,63) 

23 Liam Daly

Unused Substitutes:

12  Saul Milovanovic

13  Rhys Davies

14  Chris Smith

Yellow cards: Cooper,43; Johnson,64; Stohrer,67


It was a brisk windy day at the Citadel and Farsley kicked off with the breeze behind them. Both sides were unchanged after wins last Tuesday.

Jackson Smith had an early touch of the ball as a wind assisted punt down the field reached him easily. Alex Brown won an early corner for the visitors but the attack was halted by a free kick to the hosts in the six yard box. Then Brown’s first long throw into the six yard box caused panic in the home defence and it was cleared for a fruitless corner.

After 13 minutes, Callum Stead robbed Jean Belehouan 20 yards out and won a corner, which saw Connor Kennedy’s accurate shot blocked out. Stead followed up and from a few yards out he saw his effort saved on the line by home keeper, David Robson. It was a great chance and a crucial save.

Robson was in action again a few minutes later as Jordan Crawford broke clear on the left and Robson did very well to cut out and hold on to the low cross.

Farsley finally got into the game and their corner was well cleared, and then Jackson Smith got some action as he palmed over Luke Parkin’s left foot shot. The Poppies quickly retaliated and Crawford was sent away by Stead, but solid defending by Lewis Turner prevented the shot.

On 22 minutes another chance for the Poppies saw Crawford’s shot deflected for a corner following Kennedy’s head on from a free kick and a great pass from Stead. A couple of minutes later, Kettering took the lead. A Brown free kick was worked to Connor Kennedy on the right and he took aim to fire a low trademark shot just inside the left upright.   0-1 Kettering 24 minutes

On 27 minutes home defender Kennedy Digie made an excellent tackle on Stead as he went through on goal to prevent the lively front man getting his shot in.

The next significant goalmouth action on 35 minutes saw Kettering unable to clear the ball effectively and Jimmy Spencer had a clear chance, but his shot hit the bar and was cleared. The Poppies replied and after good work by Brown and Stead, Jack Smith had a clear shot which sailed over the crossbar.

Farsley equalised on 39 minutes. Connor Johnson broke up a promising move but had to concede a corner on the right. The cross was not won by the defence and the ball was headed towards goal for Spencer to turn in, virtually on the goal line.

The final actions of the half saw substitute Jacob Gratton,on for the injured Adam Clayton, hit a wild shot over the target, and lastly Kettering’s Stead chested a cross from Brown towards goal and Robson saved.

Half Time:

FARSLEY CELTIC      1        -       1            KETTERING TOWN

There were no further substitutions at the start of the half which saw the wind strengthen and both rain and hail storms hamper the game and affect the state of the pitch.

Callum Stead had a great chance three minutes into the half, as he had a shot 10 yards out on the right hand side of the goal, and Robson made another smart save.

Kettering were having trouble keeping the ball in reach as the wind was taking the ball through to Robson, but Kennedy did get a glancing header to Jack Smith’s cross but it was easy for Robson.

Jimmy Spencer’s 56th minute shot was simple for Jackson Smith and a few minutes later Decarrey Sheriff and Ty Deacon replaced the hard working Crawford and Stead.

Deacon soon won a corner on the left which was won in the air by Liam Daly and Kennedy poked the loose ball over the bar. For Farsley shots from Gratton, Spencer and Mulhern were all well off target.

Kettering threatened on 77 minutes from a corner which caused panic in the home defence and George Cooper’s effort was held by Robson.

The game, in truth, was very messy, sponsored by the conditions and both teams’ inability to dominate. Kettering’s main threats were coming from set pieces and the Celts defence was holding firm.

Into the final ten minutes of normal time Decarrey Sheriff saw a shot saved by Robson, and Cooper saw a header cleared away from the line. For Farsley, Frank Mulhern put a decent chance well wide and Parkin’s shot was high and wide as the teams had to settle for a point each.

Full Time:

FARSLEY CELTIC      1        -        1           KETTERING TOWN

Match Officials: Referee: James Bancroft; Assistants: Jordan Crossley;Peter Brown

Attendance: 589 (Poppies fans estimated at 90)

Poppies Media Man of the Match: Jordon Crawford


Remaining season HOME league games:

Tuesday April 12th: Guiseley at 7.45pm

Friday April 15th (Good Friday) Gloucester City at 3pm

Saturday April 23rd: Gateshead at 3pm

Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd: Alfreton at 3pm

Remaining season away league games:

Monday April 18th (Easter Monday) Kidderminster Harriers at 3pm

Saturday April 30th at AFC Fylde at 3pm

Saturday May 7th at Curzon Ashton at 3pm

Match report posted by Sadman KTFC.

Team Sheet

Location: Away (AWAY)
Kick Off: 09th Apr 2022
Kettering Town FC
0 Connor Kennedy
0 Spencer